Sunday 24 May 2015

Gig Review: The Maccabees



The Maccabees for me have been a band who I've loved ever since getting into indie music they are completely up there for me so seeing them live was like 'a dream come true' ahh. Cheesy I know.
They are another band with new music on the horizon so seeing them and getting to hear some new stuff was really special and let me tell you that it really hasn't disappointed, from what I heard and I still don't know what it will sound like on album but it is sounding so good.
 I shouted to my boyfriend on the night that I 'really like this one' I really cannot wait for the album to come out now!
I think another thing about gigs that makes them really special is when the singer/band interacts with the audince Orlando is a perfect example of that and It was such a nice insight he gave into the reasons behind a song or the way the set was I think that just makes the experience even more treasured. 
I was quite far back at this gig admittedly (I honestly didn't think they could fit any more in the room!!) And I am quite small anyway but when it comes to gigs I am literally a midget but it didn't pull me away any less from the atmosphere from where I was standing I had a good view of Felix anyway ahem. 
The setlist was a perfect mix of old and new and some old that popped up I didn't even expect them to preform like X-ray and Latchmere.
Personal favourites though were 'Feel to follow' 'No Kind Words' and of course 'Pelican' I think they know themselves the songs the fans want to hear the whole time the atmosphere was kept so heightened and there really was this exciting feeling whilst they were playing.


The Setlist


Wall Of Arms
Feel To Follow 
Love You Better 
Young Lions
Kamakura
WW1 Portraits
Latchmere
Precious Time
Can You Give It 
Marks To Prove It 
Spit It out
X-ray 
No Kind Words
Grew Up At Midnight

Encore

Forever I've Known
Something Like Happiness
Pelican


1 comment:

  1. Oooh love the Maccabees! The gig sounds awesome, I think it's so much more personal when the band interacts with the audience! Sounded like a good gig! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every single one of my comments, it means the world you take the time thank you!