Sunday 24 May 2015

Gig Review: Ben Howard


I think for any band or singer that plays an arena they have to be something; be big enough to do that, have the voice and the songs.
Ben Howard has all of them, and let me just say his voice will fill up an arena like no other. I have never been taken away or left feeling breathless like what I did after his gig, his voice is amazing.
The set was also like nothing I'd seen before; the visuals and the way that it flowed almost like a story it made you feel the emotion the way the song had been written to make you feel. 
It was perfectly put together.
I will say on the downside he didn't play Only Love which is probably my favourite song of his and really the one I spent the night waiting for however he did preform 'I forget where we were' which i love anyway but the way he sang it really made me take in the lyrics it almost brought me to tears. Other highlights were also 'End of the affair' and 'Conrad'
Honestly its not very often that you will go to a gig and the voice of the singer will sound exactly like it does on record and I cant do nothing but just praise and praise Ben. 
His playing ability on guitar is just something else. 
And I know I sound like a complete fan girl right now but I'm just going to go with that. 



The Setlist

Am I your light?
In dreams
Small Things
I forget where we were
Time is dancing
Rivers in your mouth
Keep your head up
Everytime the sun comes up (Cover)
She treats me well
Black Flies
Conrad
All is now harmed
The fear
End of the affair

Encore

The Wolves
Esmerelda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every single one of my comments, it means the world you take the time thank you!