Sunday 24 May 2015

Gig Review: Hot Chip


So this is quite an overdue post, but remembering and reminiscing about gig events i've been to is something I love to do and after starting this blog its something I'd like to do more often, to give me a chance to look back at gigs I've been to and share the memories with other people.

I've been in love with Hot Chips music for a while and about 2 summers ago I pretty much listened to them non stop. I always said from that point that when they tour (and I have someone that wants to watch them too) I will go see them. 
So soon as the tickets went on sale I brought some, it came around quite quickly. When I went to see them their album hadn't came out yet so it was exciting to hear some new stuff but also hear some of their other older songs. 
They really didn't disappoint and on the night there was this really clubby, dancy vibe which i feel like came more from their new stuff like Huarache Lights and Why Make Sense they sounded so good live. 
And I have to say I equally love their voices but Joe Goddard sounds amazing both on record and live, I love the sound he brings to the music.
I think if you ever get the chance go see them go, because they are so quirky and literally like the coolest you won't leave the gig feeling anything other than energetic and in such a good mood.



The setlist 

Dont deny your heart
One Life Stand
Night & Day
And I was a boy from school
Love Is the future
Flutes
Over and Over 
Huarache Lights
Ready for the floor
I feel better

Encore 

Let me be him
Why make sense?
Look at where we are 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every single one of my comments, it means the world you take the time thank you!